Many alumni fondly remember PATS (Praying and Thinking Spiritually) Retreat as the highlight of their time at Carroll. Over the course of three days, seniors assess their love of self and love of God and challenge themselves to renew their commitment to actively living their faith and nurturing their relationship with Christ.
Seniors have the option of attending this three-day, two-night retreat held on Wednesday afternoon through Friday evening. Four PATS Retreats take place annually at The Retreat House in Maria Stein, Ohio.
- Liturgy of the Hours
- Sacrament of Reconciliation
- closing Eucharist with family members at Carroll's St. John the Evangelist Chapel
- large group presentations and witnesses
- large and small group discussion
- trust challenge exercise
PATS Retreat Leaders
Each year, the Campus Ministry Team selects a group of juniors to lead the following year's first PATS Retreat. After the first retreat of the year, any student who has been on the PATS Retreat is eligible to apply to be a leader on any of the remaining PATS Retreats that year. Applications are reviewed by teachers who do their very best to pick a team that will serve the needs of the other seniors. These students are expected to:
- sign a Christian lifestyle agreement
- demonstrate leadership skills and leading an active faith life
- dedicate to a period of approximately 6 weeks of preparation
- fulfill their responsibilities to team and participants as leader
- comfortably give witness to life as a disciple of Christ