Welcome from the Director
At Carroll High School, we are not only proud of our excellent academic tradition, but also take great pride in our athletic programs. Our goal is to compete at the highest level while fostering sportsmanship and leadership in our student-athletes. Extracurricular activities provide excellent opportunities to build character. As we prepare tomorrow's leaders, we hope to take advantage of these moments.
Carroll is a proud member of the Great Catholic League. The GCL is recognized among the finest leagues in the nation for its accomplishments in athletics, and more importantly, in the classroom. We are proud to compete against the fine schools in our league and look forward to the challenges of every competition.
Indoor track wraps up another season with impressive showing at state championships
The Patriot Indoor Track and Field team qualified in a total of 35 different events, 13 for the boys and 22 for the girls, at the Spire Institute Facility in Geneva. This was the 12th year in a row that Carroll has qualified athletes to Indoor State Track and Field Championships and its 12th straight year with at least one athlete finishing in the top eight to earn All State Honors.
The Lady Patriots had a historic day as they finished in 7th place (out of 54 teams scored) with 25.5 points in Division 2/3, the highest finish and most points scored in school history! They also earned All State Honors in seven events and broke 3 school records. The following athletes have competed in multiple Indoor State meets: Trinity Raber (3), Ellie Erich (2), Grace Braun (2), and Meredith Goecke (2).
- Meredith Goecke - Triple Jump (2nd Place - 33.5.25") All State Honors and State Runner-Up; PR and New Indoor School Record! (Previous record held by Katie Abrahamowizc '14) Meredith also competed in the Long Jump (6th Place - 14'10") All State Honors; Pole Vault (NH), and 4x200m Relay. Meredith is the first athlete in school history to qualify in four individual events and earn All-State Honors in three events at the Indoor State Championships!
- McKenna Lange - 400m Dash (14th Place - 1:03.17) PR and New Indoor School Record! (Previous record was held by Alaina Casey '20)
- Sophia Bruhn - 3200m Run (5th Place - 11:17.15) All State Honors; PR and Improved her Indoor School Record by 19 seconds! She is currently the 4th fastest freshman in the country in the 3200m / 2 Mile Run!
- Miranda Schock - High Jump (7th Place - 4'10") All State Honors and PR by four inches!
- Girls 4x200m Relay (8th Place - 1:56.40) All State Honors and PR! Meredith Goecke, Sophie Rieman, Gabby Green, Guinivere Bishop. Alternates: Makenzie Lencke, Josie Rose.
- Girls 4x400m Relay (6th Place - 4:21.63) All State Honors and PR! Grace Braun, Trinity Raber, Makenzie Lencke, McKenna Lange. Alternates: Guinivere Bishop, Ellie Erich. (All 4 runners set season or personal records).
- Girls 4x800m Relay (4th Place - 10:19.66) All State Honors, PR, and 2nd fastest time in School Indoor History! Grace Braun, Gabby Perkins, Trinity Raber, Ellie Erich. Alternates: McKenna Lange, Sophia Bruhn. (All 4 runners set personal records).
- Maggie Poor - 3200m Run (14th Place - 12:28.46) PR by 14 seconds!
- Grace Braun - 1600m Run (12th Place - 5:35.60)
- Gabby Green - Long Jump (22nd Place - 12'1")
- Madie Justice - Weight Throw (13th Place - 31'4") PR and 2nd best throw in school history!
- Sarah Price - Weight Throw (15th Place - 29'10") PR and 3rd best throw in school history! Sarah also competed in Shot Put (24th Place - 24'5.25")
- Julia Jordan - Weight Throw (22nd - 21'10")
- Josie Rose competed in Pole Vault
- Ellie Erich competed in High Jump
The Patriot Men also had a great day as they finished in 12th place (out of 55 teams scored) with 19 points in Division 1. This was the second highest finish in Division 1 and 2nd most points scored in school history at the Indoor State Championships. They also earned All State Honors in 5 events and broke 2 school records. The following athletes have competed in multiple Indoor State meets: Kevin Agnew (2), David Ferguson (2), and Javier Barajas (2). Here are the highlights for the boys:
- Kevin Agnew - 3200m Run (3rd Place - 9:09.48) All State Honors (2nd year in a row)! PR and improved his own school record by 1 second! He is currently ranked 25th in the country in the 3200m / 2 Mile Run!
- Cole Ryan - Shot Put (7th Place - 50'5") All State Honors! PR and improved his own school record by 7 inches! Cole also competed in the Weight Throw (16th Place - 46'3").
- David Ferguson - High Jump (6th Place - 6'0") All State Honors
- Shemar Whitfield - Triple Jump (3rd Place - 41'3.25") All State Honors and PR! Shemar also competed in the Long Jump (7th Place - 20'3.25") All State Honors!
- Jack Agnew - 3200m Run (11th Place - 9:31.74) PR and is currently the 9th fastest sophomore in the 3200m / 2 Mile Run in the country!
- Ryan Toomey - Pole Vault (14th Place - 10'6") PR!
- Kyle Heilmann - High Jump (20th Place - 5'6")
- Boys 4x200m Relay (17th Place - 1:35.75) PR and 2nd fastest time in School Indoor History! David Ferguson, Shemar Whitfield, Charlie Harlow, Javier Barajas. Alternates: Ryan Toomey, Michael Duckro.
- Boys 4x800m Relay (24th Place - 8:59.49) Javier Barajas, Michael Duckro, Wyatt Manos, Christian Agnuiano. Alternates: Jack Agnew, Kevin Agnew. (All 4 runners set season or personal records).
Full results and race videos can be found at https://oh.milesplit.com/.