4 All State honors for Patriots at Indoor Track and Field Championships
The Carroll Indoor Track and Field team competed at the Division 2/3 (Girls) and Division 1 (Boys) Indoor Track and Field State Championships on March 7 at the Spire Institute Facility in Geneva. The team qualified in a total of 14 different events, six for the boys and eight for the girls. There were several outstanding performances from the Patriots, including athletes who earned All-State Honors in four events and set three new school records.
Competing in her 4th straight Indoor State Meet Amelia Harlow '20 finished in 8th place in the High Jump (5'0") to earn All-State Honors for the second year in a row. The girls 4x400m Relay team of Alaina Casey '20, Meghan Schrand '20, Catherine Berent '21, and Taylor Smith '20 finished in fifth place to earn All-State Honors. Their time of 4:11.94 broke the Indoor School Record of 4:17.11 previously held by Christina Kallet '16, Haley Sabo '16, Maria McCarty '17, and Nyanjok Mawein '17. The girls 4x800m Relay team of Schrand, Casey, Grace Braun '23, and Berent finished in eighth to earn All-State Honors. Their time of 10:06.76 broke the Indoor School Record of 10:25.87 previously held by Berent, Schrand, Trinity Raber '21, and Rhianna Thomas '19. The girls 4x200m Relay team of Casey, Smith, Schrand, and Meredith Goecke '22 finished in ninth place. Their time of 1:51.18 broke the Indoor School Record of 1:54.08 previously held by Berent, Smith, Casey, and Schrand. This was the third time that Berent and Breana Devillier '20 qualified for the Indoor State Meet as well as Schrand's second.
Kevin Agnew '21 finished in eighth place in the 3200m Run to earn All-State Honors. His time of 9:29.83 is the second fastest in school history. Appearing in his second straight Indoor State Meet, Donovan LaJeunesse '20 just missed making the finals in the 60m Hurdles and a chance at earning All-State Honors by .001 seconds (10th place). This was the 11th year in a row that at least one Patriot earned All-State Honors.
- Amelia Harlow (High Jump) 8th Place - All-State Honors - (5'0")
- Alaina Casey, Meghan Schrand, Catherine Berent, Taylor Smith (4x400m Relay) 5th Place - All State Honors - (4:11.94) New Indoor School Record
- Meghan Schrand, Alaina Casey, Grace Braun, Catherine Berent (4x800m Relay) 8th Place - All State Honors - (10:06.76) New Indoor School Record
- Alaina Casey, Taylor Smith, Meghan Schrand, Meredith Goecke (4x200m Relay) 9th Place (1:51.18) New Indoor School Record
- Breana Devillier (High Jump) 18th Place (4'10"); (Pole Vault) 21st Place (9'6"); (Triple Jump) NM--injured her ankle and couldn't compete
- Kevin Agnew (3200m Run) 8th Place - All State Honors - (9:29.83)
- Donovan LaJeunesse (60m Hurdles) 10th Place (8.38); (Triple jump) 15th Place (39'11.25"); (Long Jump) 18th Place (19'1")
- David Ferguson (High Jump) 25th Place (6'0")
- Grant Arnold, Javier Barajas, Will Moddeman, Michael Osgood (4x800m Relay) 20th Place (8:23.15)
Full results can be found at https://oh.milesplit.com/results.