- For sophomores to grow as young men and women of integrity and character rooted in a relationship with Christ and foster a deeper sense of community within their class.
- Integrity, character, forgiveness, community building.
- Required one-day retreat held on a Wednesday or Thursday during the school day.
- Students are divided by gender for this retreat held at area partner parishes.
- By separating the genders, this retreat model can be more attentive to the fine differences in male and female spirituality. It also allows for a more frank discussion of gender-specific issues.
- A team of teachers, parish youth ministers and student peer-ministers lead the retreat.
- Prayer and worship includes creative ritual prayer experience and a healing service or Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Combines fun, community-building games and activities with time for prayer, discussion, witness talks, panel Q & A and other learning experiences.
Freshmen / Sophomore Retreat Leaders
In choosing retreat leaders, the teachers working on the retreats
attempt to find students who seem to be living a Christian life in their
actions and in their words. We look for students who:
- make a habit of putting others needs before their own
- demonstrate a sincere desire to be the person God calls him/her to be
- are active in growing their faith through service, involved in spiritual activities at school and in their parish
- display leadership skills and responsibility with commitments
- comfortable in giving witness to their faith and life as disciples of Christ
- are juniors or seniors