Senior retreat is the best decision I
ever made! The sense of peace I felt
afterward from connecting with my
classmates and God was like nothing
I have ever experienced before. ~ Nicole
- For seniors to assess their love of self and love of God with a challenge to renew their commitment to actively living their faith and nurturing their relationship with Christ.
I made life-long friends and learned
so much. I cannot say strongly
enough just how amazing it was! ~ Alex
- Knowing and loving self, knowing and loving God through Christ, obstacles to God's friendship, forgiveness and change of heart through commitment to Christ.
|It provides the perfect mix of fun
and faith. It allows one to grow in
faith, friendship and community. ~ Tom
- Optional three-day, two-night retreat held on Wednesday after school through Friday evening.
- Students attend one of four retreats held during the school year at Athletes in Action in Xenia.
- Retreat is led by a prepared team who courageously share their personal faith experiences with their classmates.
- Prayer and worship include Liturgy of the Hours, Sacrament of Reconciliation and closing Eucharist with family members.
- Other activities include a mix of large group presentations and witnesses, large and small group discussion, journaling, trust challenge exercise, affirmation, icebreakers and recreation.
|'I'm not a retreat person' people get the
most out of PATS. The harder your
struggles, the greater the outcome of
this retreat. It's effortless, yet life-altering.
GO! ~ Steph
PATS Retreat Leaders
Each year, a group of juniors is selected by teachers to be trained as leaders of the following year's first senior retreat. After this first retreat of the year, any student who has been on the PATS Retreat is eligible to apply to be a leader on any of the remaining PATS Retreats that year. Applications are reviewed by teachers who do their very best to pick a team that will serve the needs of the other seniors. These students are expected to:
- sign a Christian lifestyle agreement
- demonstrate leadership skills and leading an active faith life
- dedicate to a period of approximately 6 weeks of preparation
- fulfill their responsibilities to team and participants as leader
- be comfortable giving witness to life as a disciple of Christ