Carroll High School Alumni Association Scholarships
In Memory of Fallen Patriots Killed in Action
5 $1,500 scholarships will be distributed in 2018-2019
- 4 legacy scholarships (one per grade level) to students with parents, grandparents, or legal guardians who graduated from Carroll High School
- 1 non-legacy scholarship for other dedicated Patriots
Carroll High School’s Alumni Association offers scholarships to incoming students, freshmen through seniors, to attend Carroll High School. These scholarships are given in memory of Carroll’s Fallen Patriots: Dale Hess ’67, killed in Vietnam, and Paul Kelly ’79, killed in Iraq, in the hope that future students may learn from their courage and heroism.
A selection committee is appointed by the President of the Alumni Association. The committee is composed of members of the Alumni Association, teachers and staff at Carroll High School, and is sworn to strict confidentiality as to protect the applicants. In no event shall any member of the selection committee be a parent, sibling, aunt, uncle, cousin, or grandparent of any applicant for a scholarship. The goal is to award at least one legacy scholarship per grade level, as well as one non-legacy scholarship. The amounts of the scholarships shall be $1,500 each for the 2018-2019 school year. The amount is set annually by action of the Alumni Association. The selection of scholarship winners is based upon specific selection criteria found on the application and evaluation worksheet, all approved by the Alumni Association.
Students are only eligible to be awarded ONE scholarship during their four years at Carroll High School. The Alumni Association would like to ensure that as many students as possible have a chance to win. Students may reapply each year, even if their application was declined the previous year.
Applications are due December 1st and must be filled out online. All winners are notified by the end of January via phone or mail. Payment will be made directly to Carroll High School in the name of the winning student.
- Planning to attend Carroll High School next school year - currently in grades 8, 9, 10, or 11
- Completes ALL SIX SECTIONS of the Application - ONLINE only
Be sure to follow all directions, organize material well, and use proper grammar and punctuation. Late applications will be disqualified.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance filling out the online application.
To apply for the 2018-2019 Alumni Association Scholarship, click here.
Every tab of the application must be completed before the form is saved in our system. Please be ready to fill out each section of the application BEFORE you begin. We recommend that you gather required information and type the essay question in a separate document FIRST - SAVE it - and then simply COPY and PASTE into the online application form. You will know that your application has been successfully filled out when you receive a confirmation page and/or a confirmation email from the scholarship committee chairperson.
The six sections of the application are the following:
- Name and Contact Information
- Academic Effort: Provide your current GPA and final GPA from last school year, if known. Also, scan and attach a copy of your Final Grades from the 2016-17 school year. You may also mail or email this information to Carroll's Alumni Office, c/o Julie Weitz.
- Christian Service: Provide a list of service activities that you do for others (over the past four years only). Please list and number each activity with date(s) and a brief explanation of each.
- Extracurricular Activities: Provide a list of extracurricular activities that you do for yourself (over the past four years only). Please list and number each activity with date(s) and a brief description of each.
- Leadership: Provide examples of how you have served as a leader or role model. Please list and number each example, and provide date(s) and a brief description of each. Include leadership activities from the past four years only.
- Essay Question: Type an essay of 300 words or fewer answering the following question:
- Explain the importance of faith in today's society.
Questions about Alumni Association scholarships or any issues about the method of applying online? Contact:
- Heidi (Willhelm) Garlow '88, Chairperson of the Scholarship Selection Committee - Heidiwg16@gmail.com
- Julie (Hemmert) Weitz '94, CHS Director of Alumni Relations - (937) 253-8188 x339; email@example.com
All other questions about scholarships for incoming students should be directed to Jodi Shannon, Director of Admissions, at (937) 253-8188 x314 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To see other award and scholarship opportunities at Carroll High School, click here.