Committees of the Carroll High School Alumni Association
All alumni are welcome and encouraged to help out!
If you are interested in serving on any of the following committees, please contact the committee chairperson or Julie Weitz at email@example.com or (937) 253-8188, extension 339.
• Nominating Committee: responsible for preparing a list of possible nominees for alumni association representatives and submitting it to the Executive Committee for approval. (VP is automatic chair.)
- Committee Members: Pete Williams ’98, Greg Notestine ’71
- Committee meets on an as-needed basis
• Communication Committee: responsible for developing techniques to connect alumni with Carroll. Its focus is to build relationships among alumni and encourage more people to be interested and involved with the Alumni Association.
- This committee is inactive at this time. Committee chair is needed.
- Committee meets on an as-needed basis; most of communication via email. For more information about this committee, please click here.
• Alumni Scholarship Selection Committee: responsible for overseeing the selection process of the Carroll Alumni Association Scholarships given annually to incoming students, freshmen through seniors. The selection committee chairperson is appointed by the President of the Alumni Association and shall be composed of members of the Alumni Association, teachers and staff at Carroll High School, and be sworn to strict confidentiality as to protect the applicants. In no event shall any member of the selection committee be a parent, sibling, aunt, uncle, cousin, or grandparent of any applicant for a scholarship. At least one scholarship shall be awarded per grade level. The amounts of the scholarships shall be, depending on available funding, between $1,000 and $1,250 each. The amount shall be set annually by action of the Alumni Association. The selection of scholarship winners shall be based upon specific selection criteria found on the application and evaluation worksheet, all approved by the Alumni Association.
Applications for the 2013-2014 scholarships will be available online or in the Advancement Office in November 2012, to be due February 4, 2013. All winners will be notified through the mail or by phone in April 2013.
Winners of the 2013-2014 scholarships are the following: Julia Arnold (freshman), Sonja Kosir (freshman), Anna Fisher (sophomore), Kristen Wehner (junior), and Anna Schlegel (senior). The selection process was very difficult. Thank you to all who applied!
- Chairperson: Pat Jackson Rau ’67 (294-0071; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Committee Members: Marilyn Dell Anderson ’67, Barbara Mantz Kreuzer '67, Marcy Clark Morgan ’67, Kathy O’Bryan Stahl ’67, Mary Kay Bellville Metzler ’67
- Meetings planned on an as-needed basis. Voting meetings occur in late February after February 4th application deadline. Winners are notified in April. For more information about this committee, please click here.
• Awards and Recognition Committee: responsible for evaluating the criteria, researching the candidates, soliciting nominations for alumni sponsored awards, and hosting the Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame ceremony held every other year in September during Alumni Weekend (even years).
The Inaugural Ceremony was held on September 13, 2008. For more info, go to the Alumni Hall of Fame page.
- Chairperson: Jim Fleisher '85 (902-3784; email@example.com)
- Committee Members: Suzie Kuntz Roselius '66, Jeannie Heid McManus ’66, Kathy McGarry Brewster ’70, Anita Notestine Coleman ’70, Kathy Kuntz Heeb ’70, Greg Notestine ’71, Mary Heider ’74, Cathy Wuebben Jackson ’75, Kim Timm '86, Julie Hemmert Weitz ’94, Tom Hoefler, Tom Sableski
- Meetings held once per month. Meeting dates determined at previous month’s meeting. Communication via email also occurs. For more information about this committee, please click here.
• Athletic Hall of Fame Committee: responsible for evaluating the criteria, researching the candidates, soliciting nominations, and hosting the Athletic Hall of Fame ceremony held every other year in September during Alumni Weekend (odd years).
The Inaugural Ceremony was held in January, 2003. For more info, go to the Athletic Hall of Fame page.
- Chairperson(s): Dan O'Bryan '71 (429-2843; firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dan Wyskiver '74 (429-9034; Dwyskiver@aol.com)
- Committee Members: Don Fortener ’72 (secretary), George Kuntz ’65, Tom Bennett ’68, Mike Hennessy ’70, Jim Frommeyer ’71, Steve Schulte ’71, Chris Youngerman ’79, Mike Sheets ’83, Angie Scott ’86, Julie (Staton) Malesko ’93, Jeff Clemens '01
- Meetings held once per month. Meeting dates determined at previous month’s meeting. Communication via email also occurs. For more information about this committee, please contact the committee chairs. For more information about this committee, click here.
- The first annual Patriot 5K for runners and walkers, sponsored by the Alumni Association and the Athletic & Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame committee(s) will be held on Saturday, June 15, 2013. The race starts at 9:00 a.m. at Carroll High School. Cost is $20 for pre-registering, $25 day-of, and $15 for Juniors (15 and under). There will be awards for men and women (1st, 2nd, 3rd); Juniors (1st), and team (1st). For more information or to help with this sub-committee, contact Race Chairman Chris O'Bryan '07 at email@example.com or (937) 304-7825.
• Special Events Committee: responsible for providing assistance in planning alumni events, assessing current programs, and revising events to meet the needs and interests of Carroll alumni. Current events planned by this committee are the annual Alumni Night and Alumni Mass during Alumni Weekend, and the annual Family Easter Egg Hunt. This committee has also planned summer events in the past, such as the Dayton Dragons alumni outing.
- Chairpersons: Sue Sheetz Graham ’76 and Myrna Fisher Gazzerro ’81 (Sue: 307-3720; GrahamS@ascensionket.org; Myrna: 212-8140; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Committee Members: Jeannie Heid McManus ’66, Ken Belcher '70, Chris Youngerman ’79, Marcia Balsom Cox ’79, Mary Sammons Jobe ’81, Melissa Balsom Fisher '83, Karla Sorrell Obergefell '86, Toni Hemmert Weitz ’86, Cindy Frantz Ryan '92, Theresa Lehman Seidenschmidt ‘96, Mike Wagner '09, Nick Jobe '09, Amy Gilmore '11
- Meetings planned on an as-needed basis and are normally planned around the timeframe of the event the committee is currently working on. The committee also communicates via email. For more information about this committee, please click here.
• Alumni Irish Fish Fry Committee: responsible for planning this annual event held on the Friday closest to St. Patrick’s Day (with preference given to the Friday before St. Patrick’s Day)
- Chairperson Ken Belcher '70 (654-3309; email@example.com)
- Committee Members: Jeannie Heid McManus '66, Betsy Fish Brown ’69, Tim Brown, Jan Abel ’71, Greg Notestine ’71, Nan Christensen '75, Bill Baron '76, Beth Heeb Quinter '76, Bernie Williams ’77, Vince Wiley '77, Christine Wiley, Debbie Keller Humbert '79, Margie Bell McGarry ’79, Denise Drake-O'Neil '79, Linda Edly Mead ’80, Patsy Fecke Miller ’81, Darlene Keller Ross ’81, John Ross, Kevin Sorice ’82, Jenny Zimmer Wilhelm ’83, Mike Wilhelm, Kevin Kates '87
- Meetings held monthly between December and April; communication also via email. For more information about this committee, please click here.
• Alumni Golf Outing Committee: responsible for planning this annual event held on a Thursday or Friday during September (typically the week following Labor Day)
- Chairperson: Michael Sticka '00 (545-3762; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Committee Members: Greg Notestine ’71, Ray Aubin ’72, Chuck Wagner '72, Mike Miller '72, Jim Butler ’74, Dan Wyskiver ’74, Nan Christensen '75, Denise Drake-O'Neil '79, Jason Hughes '96, Ryan Williams '00, Jack Leopard '01, Brian Sticka '04, Josh Chaney '04
- Meetings held monthly between April and October. The committee communicates other needs throughout the year via email as needs arise. For more information about this committee, please click here.
• Alumni Softball Tournament Committee: responsible for planning this annual event held typically on the last Saturday in April
- Chairperson: Cassandra Weitz Shea '07 (608-4141; email@example.com)
- Committee Members: Bob Murray '71, Chris Youngerman ’79, Toni Hemmert Weitz '86, Tony Kraus '00, Sean Harshman ’01, Ryan Osterfeld '03, Justin Albright '06, Josh Weitz '09, Wade Willin '09
- Meetings held monthly between December and May, if needed. Communication also occurs via email. For more information about this committee, please click here.