Carroll High School Alumni Association Scholarships
In Memory of Fallen Patriots Killed in Action
Carroll High School’s Alumni Association offers scholarships to incoming students, freshmen through seniors, to attend Carroll High School. These scholarships are given in memory of Carroll’s Fallen Patriots: Dale Hess ’67, killed in Vietnam, and Paul Kelly ’79, killed in Iraq, in the hope that future students may learn from their courage and heroism.
A selection committee is appointed by the President of the Alumni Association. The committee is composed of members of the Alumni Association, teachers and staff at Carroll High School, and is sworn to strict confidentiality as to protect the applicants. In no event shall any member of the selection committee be a parent, sibling, aunt, uncle, cousin, or grandparent of any applicant for a scholarship. The goal is to award at least one scholarship per grade level. The amounts of the scholarships shall be $1,250 each for the 2013-2014 school year
. The amount is set annually by action of the Alumni Association. The selection of scholarship winners is based upon specific selection criteria found on the application and evaluation worksheet, all approved by the Alumni Association.
Students must reapply each year in order to be eligible for the next school year. Applications are due February 15th to the Advancement Office, and all winners are notified in April via phone or mail.
Payment will be made directly to Carroll High School in the name of the winning student.
Three Eligibility Requirements:
- Planning to attend Carroll High School next school year - currently in grades 8, 9, 10, or 11
- Has a parent or legal guardian who graduated from Carroll High School
- Completes ALL FOUR SECTIONS of the Application - ONLINE for the first time this year!
Be sure to follow all directions, organize material well, and use proper grammar and punctuation. Late applications will be disqualified.
This is our first year of online applications. We appreciate your patience as we work through the bugs in the process/system. Your suggestions are welcome.
Click here to fill out the application for the 2013-2014 Alumni Association Scholarships. You must fill out the application online this year!
Every tab of the application must be completed before the form is saved in our system. Please be ready to fill out each section of the application before you begin filling out the application. We recommend that you type this up as a word document first - save it - and then simply copy and paste into the application form. You will know that your application has been successfully filled out when you receive a confirmation email from the scholarship committee chairperson.
The four sections of the application are the following:
- Academic Effort: Scan and attach a copy of your first semester final grades from the current 2012-13 school year. If you do not have access to a scanner, please contact Mrs. Bev Lightner in the guidance office at email@example.com or (937) 253-8188 x313. She will scan your grades for you and email them back to you so that you can include them in your online application. Grades will not be available until the last weekend in January.
- Christian Service: Provide a list of service activities. Include dates and brief explanation of each.
- Extracurricular Activities: Provide a list of extracurricular activities. Include dates of each.
- Leadership: Type an essay of 250 words or less describing 3 ways you see yourself as a positive leader and a good role model for others.
Questions about Alumni Association scholarships or any issues about the new method of applying online? Contact:
- Patricia (Jackson) Rau '67, Chairperson of the Scholarship Selection Committee - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julie (Hemmert) Weitz '94, CHS Director of Alumni & Community Relations - (937) 253-8188, ext. 339; email@example.com.
All other questions about scholarships for incoming students should be directed to Pam Tipps, Director of Advancement and Admissions, at (937) 253-3338 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To see other award and scholarship opportunities at Carroll High School, click here.